… It’s up to us to figure that out. We glean this from you through questions and existing information whilst working on a custom media database for your message.
What’s Your Story?
We Build Your Media Kit
… This includes a media release which we write (if you don’t already have one), we then access our media database and broadcast your story to the media.
Anyone Can Send a Media Release
… But existing relationships with the media are key. The final phase is all about the lockdown. Personal pitching and securing your media coverage.
What Do You Look for in a Good PR Company?
- A good PR agency has a track record of media gets, this means their clients have been interviewed on the radio, their story has appeared on the television or in editorial in newspapers and major online platforms.
- A good PR agency is only as good as their database! A good agency will have a strong database that has been refined over time, they will have contacts with media and personal relationships with the media. They will be able to make the phone call to a journalist that you can’t. A good publicist will be able to get the television station receptionist to put your call through simply because of their name and track record with the media. The receptionist will likely be used to receiving calls from the publicist and instantly put the call through as opposed to ending the call quickly and without joy for the person ringing.
- A good PR agency knows people, especially the people you should know and who should know you.
Do I Need a PR Agency?
Firstly, it’s imported to understand the difference between publicity and marketing. Marketing is a paid guarantee of advertising whether that is on social media, digital platforms, the radio, television or in the newspaper. This is a created ad.
Publicity is not guaranteed and relies on the connections a publicist can make with the media. To put it in plain text, marketing will get you a television commercial, publicity will get you an interview on the television with a journalist.
PR with Insiteful: Amazing Results
Our work can get you in the media. We are gate keepers and bridge builders. Our experienced team can run your publicity campaign with a media release sent to a targeted database, create a media stunt or engage with celebrities, influencers and bloggers. We have a proven track record in getting our clients on the radio, television and in newspapers, magazines and digital platforms.
Publicity is extremely important tool for all businesses in an increasingly competitive market place. A news story can legitimise your business whilst endorsing skills and knowledge. Publicity includes news stories and interviews in trade journals, industry sites, newspapers, magazines, blogs, webzines, websites, radio, television, social media and podcasts.
Publicity can also be owner-generated content that exists on your own business platforms for example across social media. Positioning your business as an ‘expert’ in a particular field is a great way of generating regular publicity and keeping a strong media ‘game face’.
Speaking engagements, events and launches are another way of generating publicity. Good publicity will:
- Build awareness about your products/services, expertise and people
- Drive prospects to your website
- Drive participation in a promotion or event
- Educate the market about problems your company can solve
- Create an ongoing dialogue with the market
- Generate Search Engine Optimisation and Social Media Optimisation (the capacity for your website and social media to be found by Google and search engines)
- Position you as an industry expert / spokesperson
- Generate new clients and enquiries
Publicity can be either a short or long-term investment that builds relationships and generates awareness. Marketing is a strategic mix of promotional activities that work towards building your brand. Publicity is an important part of this.
Companies, individuals, celebrities and brands engage PR Agencies for access to their networks, existing media relationships and databases. PR Agencies do not pass on databases at the end of the relationship as this is considered the agencies IP and agencies pay hefty rates to subscribe to important media databases. The client enjoys access to agencies years of experience, contacts, and relationship’s built over time in the media, which in turn generates strong new media results for them.
Which do I Need?
Local or Global PR Strategy
Global PR Strategy
If you require a global PR strategy we will work with our international affiliate PR agencies to deliver results for your campaign. Our work has achieved coverage in the media in the UK, USA, Canada, Asia and Europe.
Local PR Strategy
As your dedicated local PR company, we’ll help you generate media publicity for your business, brand and products, whilst also helping with public relations campaigns, profile raising, reputation/crisis management and product/business launches.