The I am a business owner in Australia is a great place to come together with fellow business owners to share tips, questions, answers and most importantly support one another in their entrepreneurial ride.
This is an amazing, fast growing, FREE Facebook group.
We are motivated to maintain the supportive environment that we have created which is why these rules are super important.
And we stick to those rules.
** Please note: Admins and moderators are exempt from these rules. The admin team spend 5-10 hours each work (unpaid) managing this group. If you don’t like this rule, leave.
Key people for this Group:
- Paul Warren (Owner of Insiteful, and creator of this group).
- Tim Allan (Joint Second-in-Command)
- Scott Humphrey (Joint Second-in-Command)
- William, Kelly, John, Hamish, Caolan, Mike, James, Rose (Moderators).
By being a part of this community you are agreeing to these rules listed below.
1. NO SELF PROMOTION
No self-promotion is allowed, except where otherwise stated by admins.
Definition of self-promotion:
- posting a link to your own website
- posting affiliate links
- selling anything – that means services, products, courses, events and programs
- promoting your events or webinars
- posting your own content in the group and not in a specific (and relevant) thread. This includes posting links to surveys or creating surveys in the group, posting photos with your social handles, URLs or business name on them AND posting “free” offers
- posting full blog post content, or a post that is a length of a blog post, even without a link.
No self-promotion especially applies to the following service providers:
- seo marketers
- adwords marketers
- facebook marketers
- content writers
- website developers
This group is run by companies that provide these services, so don’t join our group and try and take work away from us.
This is why we built the group.
We may break our own rule and promote something if we feel as though it is of service to the group.
We reserve that right as it is our group and community.
** MatchUp Monday thread**
This thread is the ONLY place to search for people to work with or hire within the group.
If you are looking to hire someone to work with you, you post it in that thread. Standalone request posts will be deleted outside of the thread.
Standalone request posts will be deleted outside of the thread.
2. VIDEOS ARE ALLOWED
If you have created a video that shares hints, tips or advice, you are welcome to post it in our group, so long as it follows the following guidelines:
1.) There must not be a call to action in the video, such as ‘contact me now for …something’ ‘go to our website … ‘
2.) The video must provide knowledge-based.
3.) The video can have a watermark on it, but not been plastered with branding.
4.) If you find a video from someone else that’s awesome, great! Create a post and share it.
3. NO SOLICITATION OR REQUESTS TO PM YOU
Do not post in the group and ask people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help or to work with you.
Your comments (and YOU) will be removed and banned.
4. DON’T BE A KNOB
- Don’t be a knob
- Be polite.
- Don’t question admins or moderators.
- No second chances.
That means respecting people’s feelings, privacy and rights.
If you’re rude or disrespectful or spammy…expect to be banned.
5. BE HELPFUL
Provide genuine and helpful feedback and suggestions to others.
- Ask questions.
- Give answers.
Be the kind of supportive friend that you want and need on your entrepreneurial journey.
Remember: We are all here to help each other…so always give more than you take, thanks.
6. NO RANTING OR CARRYING ON
If you start your post with the words, ‘this is a rant’, please don’t post it.
Go rant on your own page, not in ours thanks.
7. WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE
We don’t want hero’s in the group that swear and cuss.
If you do that and you offend our members, expect to say hello to the ban button, quickly.
8. DON’T MESSAGE ADMINs OR MODERATORS.
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, chances are you broke the rules. So read the rules.
We ask that you respect the time of our admins and owners and not DM US through FB.
If you don’t agree with ALL of these rules, please leave.
Other than that, let’s have some fun!
**Note: These rules are subject to change without notice and admins are exempt from these rules.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS GROUP
1. Don’t come in with a spam-plan.
Instead, show up with the intention to connect, serve and help our community, not to sell.
2. When you creating a post, make it original, helpful and fun.
If it’s the same old boring blog post with veiled sales content and a picture of you, we see right through it.
3. Don’t share the same content across 100 different Facebook groups.
Many people belong to those same groups and see your same posts repeated.
Besides, this group deserves a lot better than that.
4. Rock up daily for a set amount of time and then focus on your business. Sitting on Facebook doesn’t pay your bills.
If you’re spending a lot of time in this group, you aren’t growing your business.
5. If you show up just to post your content and not help out your fellow community members, they notice…expect to be banned, bang!
It’s a big group and while it may seem like people don’t notice your presence, they do. So don’t stuff it up.
6. Share your thoughts and experiences because they are valuable to others. Just remember…go easy on the sad stories.
We’re not gonna lie, the business journey is a long and complicated one. There will be tears.
The more insights and guidance, the better!
Thanks for reading, now let’s have some fun!